Fundraising Tool Kit
Did you know that it can cost as little as €240 to provide a surgery for a waiting child? And that surgery can take as little as 45 minutes? That means you can raise €240 to help give a child a whole new life. Or, any amount of money you raise will be used to help a waiting child. So what is your fundraising goal?
One smile. Two smiles. Three or more?
Our Fundraising Toolkit will provide you with the information, ideas, guidelines and forms so that you can raise funds on behalf of Operation Smile Ireland.
- Set your fundraising goal
- How many smiles will you provide?
- Gather your team
- Get your friends and family involved. As a team, identify talents and skills that can help your fundraising efforts.
- Determine how you are going to raise funds
- Know a chef? Have a bake sale. Know an artist? Hold an art auction. We have more ideas - see our fundraising ideas.
- Create a plan
- With your team, set a date for your fundraiser - then create a detailed list of tasks and a timeline. Identify how you will “advertise” your event. Include a budget and list of materials. Assign tasks and due dates.
- We can help!
- Alert our Donor Relations Team of your plans.
- Review our fundraising guidelines.
- Call 01 667 6659, M-F 10.00am – 5.00pm for assistance.
- Get started
- Take care of your tasks, then follow up and support your team.
- Use the resources in the About Us section of our website, particularly the FAQs about cleft lip and cleft palate.
- Share what you are doing on your social networks or blog, and ping Operation Smile Ireland on Twitter and Facebook to let us know about your event so we can help you promote it.
- Track contributions
- Talk to our office about how to get Sponsorship Cards, so you can follow your progress towards your goal.
- Make sure you follow our fundraising guidelines when fundraising on behalf of Operation Smile Ireland so you and your donors receive proper acknowledgements.
- Double your donation
- Reach out to local businesses and sponsors who may match your contributions to double your fundraising efforts.
- Send your contributions to Operation Smile Ireland
- Share your success
- Thank your donors, volunteers and sponsors.
- Contact our team – we’d love to hear about your activities.
- Share photos and the story of your fundraiser – you could be featured in a future story on our website.
- Share your success on Twitter, Facebook, or your blog.
Still have questions? Contact Teri Cosgrove – or call 01 667 6659, M-F 10.00am – 5.00pm.